05 October 2006

we're off again

After 3.5 days in Lander, we are off tomorrow to Green River State Park (http://www.utah.com/stateparks/green_river.htm) in Utah, which is a pit stop on our way to the Dark Canyon area. We'll be there for 28 days before heading south to Red Rocks (near Las Vegas) for our climbing section.

We have been in the 'front country' since September 21 (or at least 'midcountry'), and I sense my classmates are aching to begin this next section. I am curious to see what it is like to spend 28 days in the 'backcountry'.

I have no conception of what it will be like to spend time in the canyonlands. We will hopefully see Anasazi ruins and I'm interested to learn more about that culture/civilization. I've also never spent that amount of time removed from society and running water, and with the same group of 15 people. It will be a grand adventure and another one of my firsts. We've been told to expect some interesting points of group development in this section--stay tuned for stories.

No comments: