09 November 2006

blaming "n"

One of my coursemates, "n", led our hiking group on a 7 mile journey to the junction of Dark and Youngs Canyons. That day became "Blame N" day. "N," being the good sport that he is, played this up to a hilt especially after I pointed out that my most accident-filled days have been when he has been leading. To offer a few examples with "N" in the lead I have...

1) walked into a tree (they don't call me graceful for nothing).

2) slid down 8 feet of rock on my stomach, producing a nice sized hole in my shirt where the buckle of my pack produced enough friction to tear it. It was a very funny moment. I was the last person to head up a piece of rock at a rather steep angle. Apparently I had a bit too much confidence in my ability. I got two steps up the rock face, and needed to pause because one of my classmates had stopped up ahead. As I stood there I all of a sudden realized I didn't have the best footing, and as I began to laugh at the situation, I began to slide. According to "witnesses" my laughs were only interrupted by thuds as I slid down the rock face and into a bush. I now wear my "holy" shirt with pride.

3) fallen in a field (for lack of a better word) of willows. We were walking through this field, trying to balance on the lovely bendy trees when I tipped over sideways. I went completely over and was cushioned in my fall by the branches of other willows and my very very large pack. The hiking group's first reaction was to stop, and then "S" said "Don't move! I have to get a camera!" I will be certain to post the picture here when I am able.

The last incident was the beginning of our "blame "N" game and definitely kept us laughing all day!

No comments: